Monday 28 November 2011

Poinsettia

Last year I posted a photo of a poinsettia, right around this time, I think. But this year, I have another poinsettia photo, and this one is my very own plant. I'm very happy with this bright little fellow, who is using his cheery bracts to brighten the otherwise very neutral coloured sitting and dining room of Winterwold- my home for the winter. 


It was this plant that made me realize I take after my mother a bit- the house had so little colour that some of the first things I bought were bright red: A Christmassy tablecloth to cover the dark wood table, a pair of scarlet candles to rest in my crystal candlesticks on said table, and then, this happy poinsettia. 

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas here...

... which is good because yesterday was the first Sunday of Advent!

1 comment:

What thoughts do you have for me?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...