Tuesday 29 November 2011

Light from Light

Today I meant to be productive. I got off work at eight, went to the office for a half hour and then on to morning Mass. After that, I was intending to go to Winterwold and sleep for several hours.

Alas, the plans of mice and men oft go awry... as Burns constantly reminds me. Instead, when I went to the office I discovered I had several hours of training this afternoon. So instead of home and sleep, I went to training and then on to hunting down candles for my Advent wreath. At last, after quite a while of searching, I discovered some and headed back to Winterwold.

By this time, it was later in the evening and so I merely ate a small dinner, practiced a bit of music and left again for choir rehearsal.

It was a beautiful night to drive- the snow swirling reminded me of how when I was about four I thought shooting stars must look.

Finally, I got to come home and set up my Advent wreath. It really does something to my heart to see the three purple and one pink candle set on the table.

But that's as productive as I got all day. So now, it's off to bed and I'll get around to cleaning and cooking and such in the morning, as I have no where to go all day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What thoughts do you have for me?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...