Wednesday 16 November 2011

And the North Winds Blow

Yesterday I was in OldTown for choir rehearsal, and while there, the winds began to really blow hard. By the time I was done there, I'd forgotten about it all. My head was full of parts and descants and high notes and Christmas carols to think about the weather outside.

However, the moment I stepped out the door, I realized that although it's hardly appropriate for singing in church, the most appropriate song for the weather was Let It Snow. It's very obvious that winter has descended and that it's only a little over a month until Christmas. I love this time of year, although none of us were expecting it to get this cold this fast.

This morning, our electricity was out, and not just were I live, but also all over the upper peninsula. The winds had picked up during the night, gusting up to 66 miles an hour. (That's over 100 kilometers.) And it's only supposed to get worse over the next few days. That means it's going to be awful cold tonight when I get off work, which only makes me more thankful for the good heater system in my car, along with the seat warmer.

I think it's time to break out the heavy knit hats and thick gloves and winter scarves. I'm going to have to go through my racks to find those in the morning. Also, it's the time for piping hot tea (just a degree above the right temperature makes for a perfect cuppa), hot cocoa, coffee and chai.

Mhm, I love this time of year.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What thoughts do you have for me?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...