Thursday 31 December 2009

Almost Over

The year is almost over. I cannot believe the changes in my life, and the lives of those around me, which happened so gradually that I almost can't see how they happened, but now, I see how very fast it really must have been.
I see the things that I could have done. I see the things I did. I now have opportunities which I could hardly have thought of a year ago.
I've been stretched. I've gone through almost five months of treatment for something that I would never have imagined happening to me.
I've completed one semester of school, and met some amazing friends along the way. I've learned quite a bit about cooking on a manic-depressed stove that doesn't always decide to like you. I've learned that even when it hurts, we still have to keep on loving.
Of course, for most of the year, I thought that at this time, I'd be preparing to go to London. But now, I'm not. It nearly broke my heart when I was told that because of being sick I wouldn't be allowed to go. But God can turn even that disappointment around. I'm not sure how yet, but I know that at the end of this coming semester, I will see that good has come of me not going to London.
It's hard to believe that 2009 is nearly gone. But tonight, and already in some places around the world, the year will be gone and we shall see the end of a decade.
And when I think of all that has changed since 1999, I simply sit back and sigh. And I wonder what the next one shall bring.
God alone knows. And I shall leave that in His hands.

3 comments:

  1. It has been a year of heart rendering changes of plans for me, too. Hugs to you! We are safe in His hands.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mama-Annie; I know that it's been a hard year for you. My heart and prayers go out to you, and my love as well. *hugs* It wasn't the year either of us really wanted, but it's the one that God gave us, and now we just have to deal with that and move on in His grace.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahh, sweet Linden! I cried when I heard that you would not get to London this year. I guess I tend to get a bit hung up on the "nots" of life and the "wish we could haves" and the "thought it would bes". I am praying that the hole left by the "nots" will be filled and only God can do that. Anyway this is my prayer for both of us.

    ReplyDelete

What thoughts do you have for me?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...