Wednesday 16 December 2009

Favourite Things: Ceramics

I found out that I really like hand-crafted ceramics. They are beautiful, useful and can tell a lot about one's personality, I think.

So there is a guy at my school who makes beautiful ceramics. I saw his work the first week at school and have been wanting to get some ever since. Then yesterday, he was selling some in the Campus Centre.

Including this beautiful bowl for a ridiculously low price for something handcrafted. I just couldn't pass it by.

And a very cheap mug that reminded me of birch beer. It was unique. That's one lovely thing about his stuff. He guarantees that no two pieces of his will be the same.

And this cup had swirly patterns inside!

Although these two look almost identical, they have different coloured swirls and different glazes. So they're enough alike to be a set while still keeping a uniqueness about them. And they swirl opposite ways.
So I bought them for my host family for Christmas. Because everyone can always use another mug or two.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What thoughts do you have for me?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...