Sunday 14 August 2011

Mid-August Lull

I've been meaning to write, but when I come home after hours of work with a head cold and it feels like the past five days have all been repeats, it gets a bit hard to have the motivation to blog.

Not to complain about work, I'm actually enjoying myself a bit and it's not too overly stressful, most of the times. I've yet to get a stable schedule, which is a bit annoying, but I hope that settles out soon. The best part of the times when I get to work nights is that I can write and knit while I'm on shift. Of course, I still have chore and duties while I'm there, but since it's the middle of the night, I'm basically allowed to do what I like to keep myself awake.

My friends are all heading back to college, along with my brother, who was up visiting for almost three weeks. It's a bit weird knowing that he's going into his last year, which I could be too, when all I've got done is two years. And I won't be in school in two weeks like the rest of them- I'll just be working and writing and saving money for my England trip. That's still in the works, and Kaitlyn and I have it pretty well planned out. London, watch out.

I'm looking into the idea of learning the banjo and dobro this year. It'll replace the crochet and needlework on my earlier plans from last month. Somehow random string instruments are a lot more enticing than crafts that require only one needle. I'm a goose, I know.

Anyways, I better get out the door and on to work, and I'll blog again soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What thoughts do you have for me?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...