Wednesday 10 August 2011

Britannia Prevails

In light of the recent riots in Britain, a lot of my English friends have been very discouraged at the state of their nation. One of them commented in an email that it was terrible that a country stereotyped as reserved and calm could demonstrate such wild senseless violence.

Then, this morning, I read an article regarding the "clean up" movement with hundreds of volunteers taking to the street armed with brooms.

No matter what seems to happen to her, Britain always seems to have civility triumph in times of unrest. Look at how the people came to together during the blitz, not to mention the rest of the war. Look at them now.

And that is just one of the reasons why I really admire Britain. Please remember her people now and pray for an end to this senseless violence soon.

Edit: Here's the article I mentioned from BBC.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What thoughts do you have for me?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...