Monday 22 August 2011

Autumnal Rains

They've come again, lashing down on us and promising the onslaught of autumn.

Yes, I'm talking about rain. Not light drizzles; no, I mean soaking rain. The kind that drenches you if you're out in it for a few minutes. Most of the time, we don't get it this heavy. But today, the heaven's have decided to let loose the deluge.

And guess who was taking about a 9k walk when it started this afternoon? I was a little over half way done when it came down. And it wasn't a slow start either, one moment was sunny, then three minutes later, I had water streaming down my forehead and my hair was completely wet.

It was actually fun running 4k in the rain, even though my feet were very cold (I was barefoot) and my arms were not appreciating the lack of a jacket. When I got back to the house, I dried off and changed, and looked out on the beauty of the rain.

2 comments:

  1. Running 4km? Barefoot? In the rain? In Alaska? You're officially my hero Laura!! :)

    It's raining here too.... and windy. Wuthering winds. :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. If I had known it was going to rain, I wouldn't have gone out. It was actually really sunny when I left my house. And I like to walk barefoot and since it was nice, I thought it'd be perfect for a leisurely stroll... I won't be doing that again for some time. :-)

    It seems to be raining a lot wherever my friends are. The wind and rain are quite lovely; just not running in them.

    ReplyDelete

What thoughts do you have for me?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...