Monday 4 October 2010

We Shall Fight On the Beaches

It my brother Theophilus' birthday today, as well as my dear friend Eddie. So, in case they're reading, happy birthday!

On another note- I've prepared a speech for tonight on Winston Churchill's "Fight on the Beaches". Last night, I found a recording of some of the key parts of the speech, twelve minutes, so roughly half of the brilliant speech. And now I'm on a Churchill buzz.

Then I ran into my teacher, and he informed me that he would love the speech, but I should be prepared for the fact that half the class would never have heard of this speech, and the other half wouldn't know who Churchill was.

Isn't that just a sad statement on the American education system? Oh well, I'll just go read some more of his books and dream of a reformed school system. At least I get to have a bit of a fun time in speech tonight, with one person to understand what I'm saying. Unfortunately, I have Spanish between now and then.

More posts heading tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment

What thoughts do you have for me?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...