Sunday 17 October 2010

Autumnal Eating

Okay, I don't know what special foods are eaten during this time of the year in the Southern Hemisphere, although I've always wondered. Maybe that's one of the reasons I've always wanted to live in Australia for a year. To answer my questions.

However, for us, apples are in season. I love apples- so lovely fresh, or baked, or stewed, or roasted. I do rather miss going to an orchard near HC and picking two bushels of apples. Ah well, that was lovely, but that's not going to happen up here in wintery Alaska.

But my Mum makes the best cooked apples ever. It's not mushed out like applesauce, but it's soft, and slightly spiced. And oh, so good.

It's great to eat apples up here in late autumn. Wouldn't you like some?

Autumnal Baked Apples

No comments:

Post a Comment

What thoughts do you have for me?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...