Saturday 25 September 2010

Violin Fantasy

Well, I got Ladies in Lavender from the library this week, and was reminded of the existence of some very lovely music. And being as it's been a while since I posted any music and the blog has become rather knitting in subject matter, I thought I'd post a short clip of one of my favourite pieces in the movie.

Oh, and while I'm talking about the movie, it has some fantastic glimpses into gentle (and genteel) domesticity, plus wonderful knitwear and knitting. :) (Just had to get knitting into this post somehow!)



If you don't look too close, you can almost believe that the actor's really playing that violin rather than miming to a recording of Bell, if there were others in this world who could sound as good as Joshua Bell. (I doubt there are many like him these days... Heifitz and Menuhin and the like are all dead, sadly.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

What thoughts do you have for me?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...