Friday 24 September 2010

And the Wind Blows Us Away

Well, it's very windy out today, and I love it! The trees are all golden, and the leaves are dancing away. It's such an inspiring time of the year, and I feel the need to get out with my camera at some point today. Right now, the baby's playing at my feet, and I have some lovely lavender grey tea. 

With no work, and no classes, today, it feels like the weekend come early. Although, I do have some homework that needs finishing by tonight. But it's not really that hard, just readings and a quick write up of a page or two. 

That all gives me the ability to go out and sit in the sun, with the chilly air whipping around me. And yes, with the full,  clear moon last night, I do believe it was a frost I saw at five or so when I woke up and looked out my window. That all means that winter's around the corner. The fireweed's all gone, and we have until maybe the first week of October. And the predictions for this winter are that it will be one of the snowiest, coldest, and longest winters we've had in about twenty years. Oh dear. Lots of knitting and tea in the next few months, I suppose. 

But for now, I think I'm going to move me, my tea, my knitting, and the little one outside to enjoy the autumn that's here for at least a few more days. All before the wind takes away all the golden leaves.

2 comments:

  1. The shades of Autumn calls one to remember the years good and bad times. Already so that they can be taken deeply into the soul and thought about on cold Winter evenings by the fire. cheers Marie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wind, golden leaves, small children, lavender grey-with-an-e tea . . . it's like you're living in a poem ^_^

    Of course life is more complicated than that, so you'll probably just laugh when you read this and respond with an 'I wish!'--but it does read like poetry :)

    ReplyDelete

What thoughts do you have for me?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...