Wednesday 30 September 2009

Autumn Arrives at HC!

Yep- it's been windy and colder and the leaves are changing! Autumn's finally arrived here at HC, and I'm enjoying it. I may be one of the few students here who is happy, but the other day as I danced amidst the leaves on the quad, I realised I wouldn't have it any other way.
I love weather. It doesn't really matter what sort of weather, just weather itself. I suppose that's better than forever hating anything other than warm sunlight. (Heaven knows HC doesn't specialize in that sort of weather!)
I can't wait to have more apple pies (curtesy of a friend's mother...) and drink more hot liquids (curtesy of Merry and my ample collection of teas and sundry hot things...). Autumn is the most convienent excuse we have right now.

3 comments:

  1. The new look of the blog is nice. Your dad and I have gone to the Kenai beach the last two days to get sand in five gallon buckets, for winter use on the icy driveway. The weather has been great and we have taken long walks on the quiet beach. We mostly had the beach to ourselves, with the summer fishing crowds gone. I'm so glad your college days are so pleasent. Love ya,
    mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Houghton does got a good deal of nice weather, its just that this year was extremely wet and cool like we had last year. Remember the non-summer and how it drove mom and I nuts! I am glad you are enjoying it there after all the nagging I did to get you there. I had to use moms account because she used my e-mail, I can't set up an account without getting another e-mail account also. GRRR
    Dad

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like your blog's Autumn look. :) Spring / Summer has arrived here and sadly it's already getting pretty hot- 32 today, and DRY.
    Hey, we looked at a 5 acre property today called "Frog Hollow" and both Stu and I were saying how much you would like it- that it would be nice for you to visit us there 'when' you come to Aus - lovely bush, pretty ponds covered in lillies (and apparently lots of frogs :))...... Funny how I think of you as a kind-of adopted little sister. Do you mind? ;) Blessings, Saminda xo

    ReplyDelete

What thoughts do you have for me?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...