Monday 7 September 2009

One Week In

I'm having a fantastic time here. I really can't say enough how much fun I'm having. It feels like I've known these girls for all my life.
Yesterday, I went to a Wesleyan church that's across the street from my school, which was an interesting experiance. I'd never been to a Methodist/Wesleyan church before. However, it was pretty close in form to the services I'm used to.
Plus, I've spent quite a bit of time recently in the library. I love our selection of old books- we have some that are about two hundred fifty years old. (Unfortunately, I can't take them out of the building to read them. However, I'm still allowed access as all the librarians know me.)
The one slightly embarrassing thing would be how I've now met a friend's older sister. She is either a senior, or is working on a graduate degree here, I don't remember which. At any rate, I've been told all week that I ought to meet her, and apparently, she's been told the same. This morning, I was at the library studying, and a girl came up to me.
"Ma'am, I don't mean to disturb you, but I'm trying to find a book, it'd be in the B section. Do you know where that is? Maybe you'd know where this book is."
It just so happened that I looked at that book on Friday, so I knew where it was. I just thought she was being very polite. After taking her over there, she thanked me.
"I'm just a student, and don't really have this place figured out. I don't think anyone but you librarians do. Thank you again."
Glancing at her, I realised how much she looked like my friend. "Are you Heather? 'Cause I'm not a librarian, I'm a freshman, like your brother."
Suddenly the realisation dawned on her, and we were offically introduced. As we left, the only question that I didn't ask, and really still want the answer is: do I really look old enough to be a librarian instead of a freshman student?

No comments:

Post a Comment

What thoughts do you have for me?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...