Friday 22 July 2011

Something Beautiful

There's something beautiful in the quiet moments of morning when I awake at 5 a.m. and my parents are still in bed and I have that last cup of coffee from the night before out on our deck with the birds and squirrels and the grey dawn.

There's something beautiful in the drive to work with the golden sunlight streaming onto my arms and face while I sing whatever folk songs are on the tip of my tongue.

There's something beautiful in the rain dances with my patients, with their pleased laughter and happy, rain-spattered faces.

There's something beautiful in the way the trees whisper in the wind that brushes over the tall soon-to-be-mowed hay as I take a gentle evening walk through them after long hours of work.

There's something beautiful in the cups of tea while reading blogs and listening to English folk music and relaxing before going to bed.

There's something beautiful about hearing of the new blessings and adventures of dear friends.

There's something beautiful to waking up and doing this again the next morning.

There's just something beautiful if I stop long enough to see it. To think about it. To be thankful for it. To allow grace to colour the world I see.

There's something beautiful...

1 comment:

  1. Aww, thank you sweet girl. :)

    And yes, all those things are beautiful. xx

    ReplyDelete

What thoughts do you have for me?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...