Thursday 30 December 2010

Christmas!

I know- I dropped out of touch as soon as Theophilus came home...

The first few days were pretty quiet, and then Tuesday we went to a friend's house and made doughnuts.

On top of that, the guys played Catan. I drank tea and then joined for a game of applied geometry. (More fun than that sounds.) The doughnuts were delicious and I probably had more than was really good for me, but after all, it was Christmas time, and you can get away with lots of sugar then. :) We watched a movie, talked, and then made thimble cookies with raspberry jam made by the lovely Mrs. S.

For most of that week the temperatures were a balmy -28 C.

On Christmas Eve, I was part of two separate Church services. The first was a Children's Mass, at 5 PM, but I was supposed to be at the church to rehearse by 3, which really broke up my day oddly. I loved seeing the children in the pageant for the gospel readings. Also, my friend Annie came and brought her new-born, who was completely adorable. While everyone talked, I got to play with several of the kids there- since we don't have foster kids at home right now, I was missing having little ones to play with.

We got home and had our traditional supper and opened presents and watched some Doctor Who, and then I went in to play for the Midnight Mass (frigid -34 C) and had another lovely time, although I was more than exhausted by the time we got home.

Christmas Day passed quietly, happily, with lots of food, and then, in the evening, a Doctored up Christmas Carol.

And it's hard to believe that was only a week ago!

No comments:

Post a Comment

What thoughts do you have for me?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...