Friday 31 December 2010

After Christmas...

...we had a party!

Well, okay, Monday evening, a bunch of old friends (and new ones, and new ones' siblings!) came over to play games and talk and eat.

Normally we just have Autumn parties, but Theophilus was very much absent this summer and Autumn, so we made an exception and gave another.

And now I'm pretty much done with parties for another year. ;)

However, I greatly enjoyed seeing people I hadn't seen in months: friends who live out of state, those who've gotten married, and even some of those who are now pregnant... which was the most surprising part of the evening.

It's also strange though, at these parties, to see the people whom you remember knowing when they were little, and before I could even read a clock (okay, that wasn't all that long ago- I'm bad with clocks) who are now either married or very "grownup"-ish or living on their own. Or in the case of one of them: almost completed with her Masters. When did we get older?

So, now that I'm in a nostalgic mood, I want to watch Disney's Robin Hood and reread The Velveteen Rabbit. Perfect for bringing in the New Year, right? Especially since I doubt I'm keeping myself up until midnight tonight...

No comments:

Post a Comment

What thoughts do you have for me?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...