Tuesday 8 March 2011

Walking Into Spring

Today it was at last warm enough for me to take a walk outside without being completely bundled up! In fact, I was only wearing a summer wrap-skirt and a cotton shirt, with a summer knit jacket.

The sun was shining, it was all of 4 C out, and the wind wasn't too bad. So between my classes, I headed out for a little over an hour.

Of course, there were people who stopped (two old friends, and then one lady who is my coworker at college) to see if I needed a ride, but most people saw a girl with a camera and just drive right on by.

There's just something so refreshing about that first walk that tells you that:
Yes, spring really is coming. 
We are nearly out of the dark.
Just wait a few more weeks.
The sun will be out and the snow will be leaving.
Leaves will start showing.
Birds will be coming back for the summer.

1 comment:

  1. 4 degrees!! Sheesh!!! ;) You wouldn't catch me out in that temperature. But then, I'm a QLD'er and not an Alaskan. xx

    ReplyDelete

What thoughts do you have for me?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...