Sunday 11 July 2010

Belle and Tink and Co.



So, on Wednesday, I had a golden day. Absolutely lovely, which was exactly what I've been needing for a while. A day when things don't go wrong.

Our first foster girls came for a visit. And I made blue sugared cookies for them. The younger three went into the hot-tub with Mum as Hannah (the eldest) helped me with the baking. Later we watched The Wizard of Oz and ate popcorn.

I read them fairystories; Belle looked at my Cicely Mary Barker books with me and we pretended to be fairies in my room as the other girls played tigers and foxes. I've missed them all so very much. My heart needed to be with them. Now, I can start to heal. And I can see them again.

And we can have tea, and play fairies and tell stories and make pretty things. My Belle and Tink. The other two were never as close, but I also love having them around to play with and talk to. They are getting older, but there's always a special little apartment in my heart for those girls.

1 comment:

  1. Oh, I'm so happy for you! You deserve golden days like that, and I'm delighted one came for you in such a lovely way. The girls look so much older! But most importantly, they look happy. Love you!

    ReplyDelete

What thoughts do you have for me?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...