Thursday 29 October 2009

An Autumn Walk





Autumn is definitely here at HC. I love the leaves, the smell, the wind and the sounds of autumn here.
I took a walk this afternoon, attempting to clear my muddled mind of facts about economics in Kenya, indigenous tribes of the Himelayas, and the meaning of Ezekiel in relation to the epistles of the New Testament. Do you know what those all turn into when you've just seen the doctor for more news about your stomach bug and he gives you a strong dose of meds to help?
Well, you get Nepalese arguing in a crowded market place about the prophets of old and the meaning of life.
Not really. But that's what I kinda felt like after trying to study for several hours. So I went out with my camera, my bag (with a notebook and texts and suchlike...) and my new coat. (That'll be another post.) And I'd talked to Cynthia about taking photos of the pretty colours and where I go on my walks. I also decided to do something I occasionally did with my little sisters. I went "house-shopping".
Basically, you look at all the houses around and decide which ones you like best and which one you would live in if you could. And I found the perfect house for me and the girls. (The one you can kind of see in the middle picture.) I'm going up there again tomorrow with my friend Nora to show her. I think when I'm allowed to live out of dorms, I'll try for that house if I can.
And the best part? Studying went so much better when I came back, and the medications are making me happy.
And I'm going to Gramma's tomorrow!!!

5 comments:

  1. Laura - do you have any idea how blessed you are? These trees, these colours, this beauty - it is nothing like we have here!!!! That red tree is absolutely stunning - oh, and can I come live in that little house with you? It's just what I would pick too. :) xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. ....... and have a wonderful time with your Grandma!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd love to have you come live in the little house with me! I do think, though, that you might like the house just about the corner from the GreenHouse, it's blue and very nice. And it's also in sight of the Red Tree, which I have learned is a Japanese Maple.
    I think you have another type of beauty where you are, and I can certainly see it! ^_^ And I had a lovely visit with Gramma, and I shall hopefully remember to write about it before another week passes by!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How did you know that blue is my favourite colour? :) Green also happens to be my second favourite.
    I think I saw a Japanese Maple featured on a gardening show once; thanks for the reminder - I may need to see if there's any way one could grow here! Absolutely stunning colour.
    I'm glad you had a good time with your Gramma. Mine has passed away, and I miss her every single day. Take care my friend. xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooooo, guess what?! I just did a little online reading and have discovered there are a few varieties of Japanese Maple suited to our hot Queensland climate!! One is called Maple "Christmas Song" and turns to red in October/November. Hmmm. Methinks I'll be visiting the nursery once we're settled on our new land!

    ReplyDelete

What thoughts do you have for me?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...