Thursday 9 June 2011

What A Beautiful Morning

This morning started quite badly with a wrong number text at 5:30, and then yours truly couldn't get back to sleep. Considering the amounts of sleep I've been getting this week, I was really looking forward to sleeping until at least eight this morning.

Ah well. I woke up fully, took a cool shower, and then warmed up the last of the rice pudding from last night. Not the most nutrious of breakfasts, to be sure, but still quite lovely and delicous. As it was in the saucepan, I found the electric kettle and finally figured out how it works (I'm feeling very accomplished- this was all at the wee hours of 6 in the morning, an hour of the day that rarely sees me awake).

With breakfast warming and tea steeping, I stepped out on the backdeck and surprised a bunch of butterflies from the bushes in the back yard. The robins were hopping around on the lawn, and after watering the tomatoes, I decided to eat my breakfast out of doors.

Well, I had my breakfast with the wild things today, serenaded by nuthatches and Judy Collins, whilst knitting and reading Charlotte Mason. Of course, now I'm out of cherry almond tea, but I think it was well worth it for the sort of morning I got to enjoy.

Now I just need to get ready for a day of seeing my doctor, going to more work training, and then, back to this house again for maybe a few hours of knitting and reading this evening. No matter what happens today though, at least I can say that I've had an absolutely beautiful morning.

Dawn has it's own sort of loveliness that I've somehow missed all these years. I think maybe getting up early isn't so bad as I remembered from my childhood.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What thoughts do you have for me?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...